As a participant in the Atlanta Service Jam, you will work through the whole design process in one amazing, fun, productive weekend. You won’t just be talking about service design, you will be working with others on developing designs which could become real. And as much as we love reading about design thinking, doing it is the only real way to learn.
- Whether you are experienced or completely new to the field, you will learn more about service design and a design-based approach to creativity.
- You will pick up lots of new ideas and work practices.
- You will meet a lot of cool people at all levels of experience.
- Your work and ideas will be reviewed by your peers, and presented to the world, where they can be seen by potential customers or employers, or by people who could make them real.
- You will design something that may become a real business.
- You might get rich and famous.
- You will certainly have a blast.
More about Jams
A Service Jam is a cooperative gathering of people interested in a design-based approach to creativity and problem solving, and of course service design in particular. It serves to encourage experimentation and innovation – participants come together without a team or an idea, and are given a subject or theme to incorporate in their new-to-the-world design while meeting new people.
The Global Service Jam is a community of Jams taking place internationally over the same weekend. All the Jams share the same starting themes, and publish their local results over a central platform. The theme for participants in the Global Service Jam will be announced at 6:30PM (local time) on Friday, and results must be shared by 2:00PM (local time) on Sunday.
Each local group has freedom to structure and manage the Jam to fit their local situation and needs.